Friday, October 30, 2015

Marvelous Cornelius: Hurricane Katrina and the Spirit of New Orleans by Phil Bildner

As I was searching for some books on political leaders, I found this amazing text by Bildner. Illustrated by John Parra with capturing artwork, I cannot put this one down. I keep returning to it, and so do my second graders.

The story of a sanitation worker who loved his job, Cornelius is one of those amazing humans who seems always happy and upbeat. Then Katrina hits and presents him with a job seemingly too large to combat. Based on a true story, Cornelius must have been one of those people who enrich your life. A lovely text that captures and holds....I often wish these were the people who we elect to office....or at least they are placed in jobs where that resilient characteristic shows up!


No comments:

Post a Comment