Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Questions, Questions by Marcus Pfister




I love this new picture book, Questions, Questions. Although Marcus Pfister is a prolific children's book author, I haven't read many of his books. This one really caught me though. The illustrations are simple and superb, making even the most artistically challenged (me!) believe that we can make art like his. The storyline is actually a poem, drawn out through the pages in sweet, savory bites. Each page catches the eye and mind. And what surprised me most was how I felt equally engaged, whether I read the words or looked into the paintings first, while reading the book. This book was even reviewed on the blog Spirituality and Health. I encourage you to check this out if you are looking for a picture book about nature with few words and great meaning, page by page, searching for a poem woven artfully into words or just looking for new ways to create beautiful art.

No comments:

Post a Comment