Sunday, June 19, 2011

Two Bobbies


Two Bobbies by Mary Nethery and Kirby Larson was a book that brought tears to my eyes. It had surprises around every corner. And in the end you left the book feeling like the right thing had happened even though throughout the book you are constantly on edge about what is going to happen next for the two strays. You feel your heart lifting with joy as the animals learn to find their way. I thought that it was extremely well written and kept the reader holding on until the very last word. I really enjoyed it and know that I will read it time and again.

Bobbi and Bob Cat were one of the many animals that lost their home or family during Hurricane Katrina, but unlike some of the others, they were always there for each other. And when rescue didn't help them, they knew that they were going to need to be there for each other more than ever. The dog, Bobbi, and the cat Bob Cat learn how to care for each other in the sad environment and how to be there for each other.

I thought that this was a miraculous story, and it really makes you realize how strong animals can be and really makes you appreciate them more. I really enjoyed this book, and I hope that you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment